Do not be intimidated by curved or radius furniture/cabinetry. Bending Plywood or flexible board is designed to flex to take the shape of almost any curved contour. Bending plywood's ability to bend in long-grain or cross-grain directions makes it a versatile panel for complex shaped designs.
Bending Plywood Applications
On the job site, radius contours can be painted or covered with a wide range of laminates or paper-backed veneers for the finished look you desire. It’s the perfect solution for curved columns, arches, cabinetry and furniture in both residential and commercial settings… anywhere a departure from a straight edge is desired.
Bending Plywood Specifications
- Bending Poplar: Rotary peeled hardwood back. Thin veneer face.
- 3 ply construction: Rotary peeled hardwood outer plies.
- Thickness: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″ sizes. (See table below)
- Panel Size: 4′ x 8′ Long grain (could create a 8’ tall cylinder) or 8′ x 4′ Cross grain (could create a 4’ tall cylinder)
- Minimum radius: 12″ - May be able to flex smaller, but will require significant force. All component parts should be manually “flexed” to achieve maximum flexibility.
- Sanding: Panels may require site sanding.
- Applications for bending plywood: Use for curved applications which will be covered with laminate, paper-backed veneers or other thick surfaces. Panels are not designed for structural or exterior use.
|Thickness||Size||Description||Additional Description||Additional Information|
|1/8"||8' x 4'||Lauan||Bending Lauan||Bends in the short grain|
|1/8"||4' x 8'||Lauan||Bending Lauan||Bends in the long grain|
|1/8"||8' x 4'||MDF||3mm Bending Poplar||Bends in the short grain|
|1/4"||8' x 4'||MDF||Kerf MDF - Bendi Board|| Bends in the short grain|
|1/4"||4' x 8'||MDF||Kerf MDF - Bendi Board|| Bends in the long grain|
|3/8"||8' x 4'||Ply||9mm Wiggle Board|| Bends in the short grain|